Ford Barra Coil Kit
Save up to $0.00 Save $-865.07
Original price $242.47 - Original price $1,268.49
$242.47 - $1,268.49
Current price $865.07
This coil kit has been specifically designed as a direct drop-in replacement for the OEM Barra coils that simply cannot handle increased power modifications.
Platinum Racing Products has incorporated the knowledge gained from the RB platform and replicated it to suit the Ford Barra platform, our coil kits incorporate our 'off the shelf' big-hitting R35 GTR (Smart) Ignition coils that have been proven to make north of 2600hp and void the requirement for the genuine inbuilt ECU ignitor system. (Note this kit will only fit the FG rocker cover, however the FG cover does fit the BA-BF)
- Billet Alloy bracket is engineered to fit all ignition coils in a manner that allows easy access to all the coil plugs in a non-invasive manor.
- OEM fitting custom injection moulded silicone stalks, which are perfectly moulded to seal the factory rocker cover spark plug well.
- Genuine OEM coils are rated up to 2600 hp and come with a 1-year warranty.
- Optional Wiring loom which is manufactured with new OEM plugs, braided Tefzel wiring and dual heat shrunk joinery. The loom is a UNIVERSAL make and is to suit AFTERMARKET 'Wire-in' standalone ECU systems, however you can make it a plug and play loom by purchasing the ignitor delete which will allow this kit to work on the OEM ECU and 'Plug-In' type ECU's such as the Haltech plug and play ECU (which BOTH require the igniter delete patch harness).
- Bolt kit included caters for the 6 ignition coils and billet bracket to head.
- If you would like ORANGE or TEAL as a colour for your bracket, please leave a note of the colour in the CART AREA 'special notes' section when checking out, thankyou.
- If you are planning to use this kit with the OEM ECU or any type of 'Plug-in' style ECU such as the Haltech Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU, you will need to purchase the ignitor delete harness from the options menu.
- As these coils have different windings to the factory coils, your ECU will require the correct dwell time to be set to fire at their optimum performance rate. On flashed later model OEM computers (FG onwards), the current draw on the internal MOSFETs are monitored for coil failures.
- This calibration will also need to altered as the current draw on the MOSFETs are significantly less load and may trigger a false misfire error due to the current load being focused on the R35 smart coil instead.