Platinum Racing Products - Custom Trigger Kit 'Nissan RB Twin Cam'
PLEASE NOTE: THIS LISTING DOES NOT INCLUDE A PRP BILLET CAS BRACKET AND IS ONLY DISPLAYED FOR VISUAL PURPOSES ONLY, PRP BILLET CAS BRACKETS CAN BE PURCHASED BY CLICKING HERE.
Please take a few moments to read the information below on each of our kits before making a selection and make sure you watch our attached video at the bottom of the listing, if you still have any questions you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase a trigger kit, simply:
- Choose your upper 'CAM" trigger option.
- Choose your lower 'CRANK' trigger option.
- Choose your CAM Trigger Plate colour (if applicable).
- Custom Colours are to be specified in the "Special Notes" section which is located in the CART AREA, custom colours include: Green, Orange, Gold, Bronze, Cardo Zinc, Teal, Grey.
- Purchase a PRP CAS bracket by clicking HERE (highly recommended as oem ones are prone to splitting when being torqued down correctly as the cast alloy is old, fragile and brittle).
Designed for RB20 / RB25 / RB25 NEO / RB26 engines, our trigger kits come in THREE configurations:
1. STREET SERIES KIT - For applications UP TO 500hp - (Direct CAS Replacement Kit or DCR)
CRITICAL INFORMATION - THIS KIT CAN NOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A CRANK KIT AND MUST BE USED ON ITS OWN!
Used as a direct replacement for Cam Angle Sensors, this "Street Series" Trigger kit replaces the factory CAS sensor found on a Nissan RB engine by utilizing twin Motec Hall Effect sensors which gives both a "crank and home" signal via the camshaft and comes in a 12 tooth and 24 tooth configuration. If you are looking for a bolt-in Trigger kit for your RB engine that you can do at home without removing the harmonic balancer, then this is it!
2. RACE SERIES KIT - For applications UP TO 700hp - (Uses Cherr/ZF Hall Effect sensor for CAM signal and MoTeC 'reluctor' sensor for CRANK signal.
This kit uses a 12 tooth configuration and is a must have kit for all performance engines with the desire for accurate ignition data. Utilising the world renowned cherry/ ZF hall effect sensors top and bottom with a nice wide tooth for minimal risk of tooth miscount, these types of hall effect sensors are not too prone to electronic noise or interference, they are easy to set up and tooth gap is also not as critical as 'reluctor' type kits.
This kit provides a superior level of accuracy and engine protection compared to regular CAS sensors or CAS 'style' trigger kits, as it protects against belt deflection. RB belts have been known to stretch up to 8mm if not more and this has a serious effect on ignition timing. If you were to call it a hypothetical 4 degrees ignition timing difference, that 'difference' could be making an extra 100hp or ending up with a blown engine.
2. HALF PRO SERIES KIT - For applications UP TO 1200hp - (Uses Cherr/ZF Hall Effect sensor for CAM signal and MoTeC 'reluctor' sensor for CRANK signal.
Platinum Racing Products 'Half Pro' Trigger Kit is a very common upgrade in the RB community and uses our custom made 36-2 tooth configuration trigger wheel that is precise and state of the art!
A must have kit for all performance engines with the desire for accurate ignition data, our kit utilizes the world renowned cherry/ ZF hall effect sensor for CAM signal and our new MoTeC 'reluctor' type sensor for the CRANK signal. This is a balance between street and pro categories and most 1000hp cars are using this or our pro series trigger kit as detailed below.
3. PRO SERIES KIT - For applications up to 3000hp at the wheels - (Uses MoTeC 'reluctor' sensors for CAM and CRANK signal)
This is PRP's Big hitter and MOST RECOMMENDED trigger kit as it consists of our NEW 36 - 2 Tooth profile. Our PRO series 36-2 Crank trigger kit utilizes a MoTeC 'reluctor' type sensor and our all-new MoTeC Camshaft 'hall effect' type sensor, a completely sealed sensor with external plug system.
The PRP Pro Series Trigger Kit has been tried, tested and proven on MANY 1000hp+ street cars and famous motorsport cars such as world time attack open class 1st place winner 'Xtreme GTR' and 2nd place winner 'Integrated motorsports R34'.
This updated pro series trigger kit is specifically designed to be the ultimate in trigger systems with up to 3 times more data than our current 12 tooth intermediate system and it provides flawless resolution.
When designing this kit we set out to create a non-balancer-based trigger wheel as balancer casings tend to 'wander' far too much, especially when they are under load. We opted for a compact 100 mm trigger disc with a very large sensor being the ultimate sensor of choice for our intended application, hence the swept-back sensor mount design which positions everything correctly to make it all work perfectly!
*CRANK SENSOR BRACKET HOLDERS COME IN BLACK ONLY!*