The below information is designed to assist you in selecting the correct harness ends for a complete “Plug & Play” solution without any modifications to your existing engine loom. RB engines have various connector combination variants that can be quite confusing when also removing the external ignitor to make way for the internal ignitor COP/Smart coils. Follow the below comparison charts by confirming the connector ends to the pictures. This should assist in selecting the correct harness for your needs. Be sure to take special note of the pin numbers on the connectors as they are very similar!
To begin, unplug your current OEM harness. The ends of this harness will be referred to as “Coil Side”. The connectors on the other end that are attached to the main engine loom side will be referred to as “Engine Side”.
Important Note: As these engines are pushing well past 15 years old now there is a possibility that during their life time the standard connectors were replaced or changed. If you cannot identify with the below connector combinations, then it is most likely you have a hybrid/aftermarket version that has been changed since the factory and custom work is required.
1. RB26DETT 7pin External Ignitor and 3pin Grey Connector Harness. This harness is most commonly found on the early model R32 GTRs.
2. RB25DET 6pin External Ignitor and 2pin Grey Connector Harness. This harness is most commonly found on the early model R33 Skylines.
3. RB26DETT 7pin External Ignitor and 2pin Black Connector Harness. This harness is most commonly found on the early model R33 GTRs.
4. R34 RB26DETT 8pin (No external ignitor) Connector Harness. This harness is most commonly found on the late mode R34 GTRs.
5. RB25DET NEO 8pin (No external ignitor) Connector Harness. This harness is most commonly found on the late mode R34 Skylines.
Universal 8pin Male (Deutsch DT) connector harness options are available, they also include the female connector with uncrimped pins to add to your engine harness. Note: Some wiring skills are required as this is not a simple “Plug & Play” solution.